Check back regularly or subscribe to our blog using the RSS icon at the bottom of the page.
- Alabama does not have dower and curtesy rights.
- Alabama recognizes common law marriage. The holding out to be Husband and Wife qualifies for the common law status and establishes a homestead right. Hence the spouse must execute the deed/mortgage.
- Alabama is not a community property state.
- Alabama does not recognize Tenancy by the Entirety.
- A non-borrowing spouse cannot deed his/her homestead interest to the borrowing spouse per the state constitution.
- Please note a $20 CPL fee added in Virginia, effective July 20, 2015
- Please note a $25 CPL fee added in Idaho, effective July 1st, 2015
- The Board of County Commissioners of Charles County, Maryland recently enacted a county transfer tax. This new tax will be effective August 8, 2015. The rate of the transfer tax will be 0.5%.
PRC Training: Benefits, Services and Online Tools
As your dedicated business partner, PRC can assist you by offering a wide range of services including an online order entry and tracking system, online property information, property valuation, nationwide fee calculator, title updates, informational flyers, educational classes and many other tools. We are committed to our clients and senior borrowers, making us a proven industry leader and truly first in reverse.
Please visit http://www.mfpoer.com/resources/taxcalendar.html#ca for a reliable and comprehensive calendar of specific tax event days that are updated quarterly. To view a specific state, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
PRC is providing this as an informational tool only, so we ask that you confirm internally if needed. The information is not guaranteed and some dates are not listed.
The Texas Mortgage Bankers Association (TMBA) is pleased to announce the 15th Annual Reverse Mortgage Day conference will be held on Wednesday, September 9th in Austin, Texas at the Driskill Hotel.
This forum will bring reverse mortgage lenders, secondary market experts, real estate attorneys and bank executives from all over the country to the Lone Star State to discuss the policies that will affect reverse mortgage lending in the future, including:
~Here at Premier Reverse Closings, we pride ourselves on being a great resource for the reverse mortgage industry. We have an extensive library of informational flyers and trainings pertaining to title and settlement, including topics relevant to reverse mortgage transactions.
Today is National Senior Health & Fitness Day. Approximately 100,000 senior adults will participate in activities across the United States to celebrate in this year's annual festivities.
There are many organizations that offer special events on National Senior Health & Fitness Day, among them are:
o Health Clubs
o Area Agencies on Aging
o Houses of Worship
o Malls/Shopping Centers
o Park & Recreation Departments
o Retirement Committee’s
o Senior Centers
o State/Local/Aging Departments